Leopard + Black = Love

Bought this skirt at Forever 21 nearly seven years ago, and its still just as adorable as ever.  Love when that happens.  Also love that the skirt has an elastic waistband because I ate a LOT this weekend.  In other news, I am pretty much incapable of styling this skirt with anything other than black (as evidenced below), but I think that's a-OK.
Cardigan: J.Crew
Tank: Gap
Skirt: Forever 21 (alternative)
Shoes: Target

Well let's see, shall we? The first time this (OK, second, but I hated the first look so much that I decided against posting the pic here...) skirt appeared on the blog was in June 2013, when I paired it with black and white:
Then the skirt appeared in March 2014, when again I paired it with black, and this time gray too!:
 
 And then, in May 2014, when Karen and I had happy hour and I wore the skirt with (gasp!) black AGAIN.

And then, finally, in October 2014, I decided to get cray-cray and styled it with a BRIGHT sweater. And, it should come as a shock to no one, this is my least favorite outfit of the bunch.



Comments

  1. Loving these throwbacks! It's making me want to take pictures of myself also to see how often I wear something (which is a good thing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is handy to have a catalogue of past outfits at your fingertips! The throwbacks are fun but take a lot of time, because I wind up taking a trip down memory lane and reading a ton of old posts.... :)

      Delete
  2. Great skirt that should never go out of style! I think my fave is with the white tee and black blazer. I keep a spreadsheet of my outfits (because I'm a nerd), but it's so interesting to choose an article of clothing and see all the different ways I've worn it over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, i love the idea of a spreadsheet of your outfits. I am a nerd in that way too - I have a specific method to picking out outfits that involves a very particular rotation method and building outfits around a certain item of clothing... its almost too embarrassing to even explain...haha

      Delete
  3. I've been using an app called Stylebook. It took me several weeks to take pictures of all of my clothes, but once I did, it's super easy to create outfits and track them to the days I wear them. So handy for cutting down on the outfit choosing chore..I mean, task! :) I can easily look back on what I wore when too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of stylebook but never bit the bullet and started the process of photographing clothes...maybe I should.

      Delete
  4. Really enjoying seeing all the ways you've styled certain pieces throughout the years - so fun!
    PS. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually like the blue sweater one the best. Out of the box look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the look, too - but definitely prefer the skirt with neutrals. At least i tried!

      Delete

Post a Comment