Gingham Style

This gingham top was in major rotation when I first bought it (way back in 2010 when I was obsessively following Kendi  (one of my first fashion blog loves - and still a fave) and she had a gingham top in her "30 for 30" remix).  In recent years, however, I have tended to forget about it and not wear for months (or years!).  Then one day I put it on and wonder why I let it languish so long. A gingham blouse is definitely one of those surprising closet workhorses that goes with more stuff than you would ever realize.

Shirt: Old Navy (alternatives here, here, and here - so many out there!)
Cardigan: J.Crew (mine is cotton, but wool version here)
Skirt: The Limited
Shoes: Just Fab (alternative)

And here's how I styled the same shirt a bit over a year ago... not anything groundbreaking, but this is honestly one of my fave looks ever. Love the look of the crewneck sweater over the collared shirt.

And apparently I only ever pair this top with a black pencil skirt... as seen two years ago when I accessorized with cognac belt + shoes:



Comments

Post a Comment