Happy Birthday, Paloma!

Last week, Paloma celebrated her birthday.  Lunch date was in order.

Paloma says...

Turning 35 was kind of a trip for me. Not because I am sad or mourning my youth (though maybe that just a little), but because it just seems so very adult.  And I honestly feel like I am still 22 on most days.  Of course, my two kids and very serious job tell me otherwise.

In any event, was lovely as always to squeeze in lunch with Karen. Wore my usual black and white with a "pop of color" (am I the only one who now hates that expression?!).  Though I only wore the cardigan for the 2 minutes it took to photograph it because September is by far the hottest month in Los Angeles.


Shirt: Forever 21 (similar)
Jeans: J.Crew Factory (similar)
Cardigan: J.Crew Factory (similar)
Shoes: Charles David
Bag: Madewell

Karen says...

I'm in a bit of a style funk lately, which also explains the dearth of posts lately.  Basically, I can't decide on what I like right now.  The last couple of years of Pinteresting and blogging has brought me through quite a few trends - statement necklaces, trying to go normcore, the constant layering of patterns - leading me to an identity crisis.  Either nothing feels like it's my own idea (cuz it's not), or, I'm lacking confidence in executing something new (like ever wearing my Birkenstocks unless it's around the two friends who get it).
That defaults to just taking random things out of my closet and putting them together based on fit.  Found an old Scotch & Soda t-shirt I basically never wear.  Pulled out the Madewell skirt I basically always wear.  It fit fine, and it's Friday, so there we go.

And... happy birthday to my darling Paloma!  Lunch is down, now just drinks to go.


Tee: Scotch & Soda (like this)
Skirt: Madewell (like this)
Boots; Zara (similar lower ones)
Bag: Vintage Coach (love this one too)

Comments

Post a Comment