Lazy Layering

Once again, I have been dressing daily like I'm going to post and then somehow, either I feel my face turned really haggard all of a sudden, or co-workers seem really not into helping snap a pic, or the day just got away from me... and then the outfit goes off into the abyss, maybe never to be worn again.  That's a bit dramatic.  But then, having worn it that week, you very well can't have it back on the rotation for a couple more weeks, at least... you know how it goes.  I mourn a bit for those carefully curated outfits, never posted.

So here's the perfect bad example - I've decided to post on a day when I got super lazy.  I have some dinner plans so I wanted to wear this black shift with a barely there kind of slit, and the way to make that work for... uh, work, is to layer it up.  I was feeling very #NYFW/#LFW so I just piled on the black.  Love doing that, anyway.  Love working with the cut and fit rather than patterns and colors, and that's what layering's all about.

Add some gold jewelry, some dark sunglasses, a pop of pattern, and I'm set.


Shift: Hardwear (inspired by something like this)
Jacket: Delyle (similar)
Scarf: Koreatown someplace (essentially this)
Shoes: Sole Society (as flats, inspired by these, and affordable like this)
Bag: Clare V (this but sold out at the sale price!)
Sunglasses: Zara (like these

Comments