Lawyered Up

I'm on topic, for a change, posting what I wore to a lawyer-related event.  I attended a reception last night with a ton of other lawyers - which can be a combination of irritating, intimidating, and super fun.  As it turned out, it was only the latter.

The event was smack dab in Beverly Hills - so after a couple of drinks, gabbing it up with colleagues, we had a quick dinner at Spago.  Not too bad for a Tuesday night!

As for the clothes, I didn't want to be in a dress suit all day, so I decided to go comfortable classy with a basic black dress.  But it has a sort of batwing, cape-like top, which I thought was forgiving and flattering.  As for the jacket - if you call it a "boyfriend car coat," and in a light baby blue, it has my name all over it.  Snapped up at Intermix over the weekend, and on sale!


Dress: Zara (like this but would kill for this)
Shoes: The Limited (super similar)
Bag: Clare V Louise


Coat: Intermix

Comments