Wear It Wednesday: Pattern on Pattern

This week, we're challenging each other to wear patterns together.  Once the laughingstock move of the 80's, it's now an easy way to bring interest to simple and fitted cuts.




Shirt: Madewell (similar)
Skirt: Madewell (similar)
Shoes: Classiques Entier (similar)
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters Emma
Bag: Fendi (similar)

Karen says...

I sometimes wish I were a guy so I could mix patterns and colors in a suit.  Since women's clothes seem to have more cuts (and more bells and whistles overall), I can only mix patterns when the rest of the outfit is relatively streamlined and uncluttered.  Since the blouse and skirt are both Madewell, it's almost as if they were in the same family anyway, and I like how this turned out.

And happy birthday to my lovely friend Jamie!  I took her to dim sum lunch today, and she snapped this for me in Chinatown.



Cardigan: Native boutique (similar)
Tank: Gap (similar)
Skirt: Kohls (similar)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson (similar)
Necklace: J.Crew Factory (similar)

Paloma says...

OK, so I'll be honest. I dropped the ball on Wear it Wednesday. I totally did not wear pattern on pattern to work today.  However, I did wear this polka dot cardigan/tank/skirt combo.  So when I got home I quickly swapped out my red shoes for leopard ones and snapped this photo outside of house (there was a four year old screeching "MOMMMMMY!" in the background as I snapped this because her sister was trying to steal a toy).  And I totally would have worn something like this had I remembered Wear it Wednesday, so I think the crisis has been averted.

Leopard is one of the easiest patterns to mix with, because it acts sort of as a neutral.  I've paired leopard shoes with stripes before, and now dots. What's next - floral? 

Comments