Wear It Wednesday: Chambray Shirt

So, in order to mix things up a bit around here, we thought we'd start a little feature we are calling "Wear it Wednesday."  The idea is that each Wednesday we will choose an item or style of clothing and each style it our own way.  We both love the idea of remixable wardrobe items, and we love seeing how different people style the same item.  Since we have a very different style from each other, but each love the way the other dresses, we thought it would be a fun way to showcase our different fashion perspectives!

Today.... a classic - the chambray shirt!!

Paloma says...

I have mentioned before my hesitance to embrace the chambray shirt at work.  I've only done it once before and totally loved the results.  Back then, I paired it with a colorful pencil skirt.  Today, I stuck with the pencil skirt but in a basic black, and decided to go full-on southwestern with my accessories, as a nod to my New Mexican roots! I mean, a denim shirt, some turquoise, and (faux!) snakeskin? Does it get more cowgirl than that?  (er...excuse my terribly-tucked shirt!)


Chambray shirt: Target (similar)
Skirt: The Limited
Shoes: J.Crew Factory (similar but a wedge)
Necklace: Towne & Reese (alternative)

Karen says...

The obviously rushed pictures.  40,000 things were going on today.  Despite all the complications, like, oh my God, it's fall, and oh my God, I have a client meeting, I knew I could meet the challenge of Wear It Wednesday!  And here is my chambray shirt, which is sleeveless with polka dots, here for my Wednesday mix.

These photos are courtesy of Vi.  After lunch.  I needed coffee.


Shirt: Anthropologie (totally similar)
Jacket: StitchFix (similar)
Skirt: Zara (similar)
Shoes: Zara (here's a better option for fall)
Bag: Vintage Coach (modern alternative)

Comments

  1. Wear it Wednesday is a great idea. You both look great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know if you have any ideas for what we should both wear on Wednesdays!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment