Virgo Party

Virgos and Tauruses are totally compatible, and there is no better example of that than Virgo Paloma and Taurus Karen.  Today we were able to grab a long-awaited and much-anticipated birthday lunch together, to celebrate our friend Jamie's birthday earlier this week, and Paloma's birthday next week!


Dress: Old Navy (similar color and same cut)
Wedges: Sole Society (on sale!)
Bag: Fendi (another version)
Headband: Tasha (splurge)

Karen says...

Boy, do I love warm weather with a breeze!  Add on other treats, like seeing Paloma and Jamie for lunch today at The Factory Kitchen to celebrate these two beauties' birthdays.  We had a luxurious lunch of pasta, bigne, cannoli, and coffees all around.

This is an Old Navy dress I fantasized about wearing with denim jackets, chunky sweaters... I mean, the way I fantasize about wearing basically anything.  The striking color, swing skirt, and Old Navy pricetag was too much to resist.  

I also really love the leopard hairband - trying to find similar links above, I am now obsessed with the Gucci and Roberto Cavalli splurge versions of a simple leopard hair adornment.  Glad I got mine at Nordstrom, when I did.

Tank: Target (similar)
Skirt: Target (similar)
Tote: Madewell
 
Paloma says....
 
So... this is obviously not a "work wear" post for me - this outfit is not even appropriate for Casual Friday. In fact, this is outfit that is far afield of what I would typically wear on any occasion.  The truth is, when I'm not working, I am usually with my kids, which means I am wearing things that are comfortable above all else. And also things that are not inclined to cause a wardrobe malfunction.  Short flippy floral skirts like this are not appropriate for wrangling children. Just sayin. 
 
So today I worked from home and my only obligation was meeting my former coworkers for an awesome lunch in the so-hip-it-hurts Arts District of DTLA.  Though my typical work-at-home outfit involves leggings and a ratty t-shirt, I decided to step it up a notch (and spare my friends that awful sight) and wear something I wouldn't typically get to wear. Ta Da! 
 
Oh, and Virgos Rock! :)
 
Oh, and also - how awesome does Karen look in that breeze?!
 
 

Comments