Friday, September 12, 2014

Virgo Party

Virgos and Tauruses are totally compatible, and there is no better example of that than Virgo Paloma and Taurus Karen.  Today we were able to grab a long-awaited and much-anticipated birthday lunch together, to celebrate our friend Jamie's birthday earlier this week, and Paloma's birthday next week!


Dress: Old Navy (similar color and same cut)
Wedges: Sole Society (on sale!)
Bag: Fendi (another version)
Headband: Tasha (splurge)

Karen says...

Boy, do I love warm weather with a breeze!  Add on other treats, like seeing Paloma and Jamie for lunch today at The Factory Kitchen to celebrate these two beauties' birthdays.  We had a luxurious lunch of pasta, bigne, cannoli, and coffees all around.

This is an Old Navy dress I fantasized about wearing with denim jackets, chunky sweaters... I mean, the way I fantasize about wearing basically anything.  The striking color, swing skirt, and Old Navy pricetag was too much to resist.  

I also really love the leopard hairband - trying to find similar links above, I am now obsessed with the Gucci and Roberto Cavalli splurge versions of a simple leopard hair adornment.  Glad I got mine at Nordstrom, when I did.

Tank: Target (similar)
Skirt: Target (similar)
Tote: Madewell
 
Paloma says....
 
So... this is obviously not a "work wear" post for me - this outfit is not even appropriate for Casual Friday. In fact, this is outfit that is far afield of what I would typically wear on any occasion.  The truth is, when I'm not working, I am usually with my kids, which means I am wearing things that are comfortable above all else. And also things that are not inclined to cause a wardrobe malfunction.  Short flippy floral skirts like this are not appropriate for wrangling children. Just sayin. 
 
So today I worked from home and my only obligation was meeting my former coworkers for an awesome lunch in the so-hip-it-hurts Arts District of DTLA.  Though my typical work-at-home outfit involves leggings and a ratty t-shirt, I decided to step it up a notch (and spare my friends that awful sight) and wear something I wouldn't typically get to wear. Ta Da! 
 
Oh, and Virgos Rock! :)
 
Oh, and also - how awesome does Karen look in that breeze?!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment