Resolution

I dressed up this comfy purple frock with a semi-casual 3/4 sleeve blazer today for witness interviews.  Also carrying my new bag from The Limited which I love love love, and which I got for 40% off yesterday when I returned about half of my last online order.  It's a great bag because it's huge and holds all my junk, and yet still very classic and lawyer-ly.


Dress: Target (super duper cute sleeveless alternative that is major marked down)
Shoes: Nine West
Blazer: LOFT (alternative)

And finally, I have made a resolution.  And I am putting it on the blog so that I don't break it (you guys, hold me accountable!) - no more buying clothes/shoes/bags/jewelry for the REST OF THE YEAR.  Dude, I bought SO much stuff this year, and I really just don't need more. I mean, yes I WANT more, but need? not so much.  Anyway, the one exception to this is if I sell something on ebay (which I have been doing here and there) then I can use that money only

I want to get more creative with what I've got, and stop the unnecessary spending ~ this is going to be so hard since Fall is upon us and boy, oh boy, do I want All Of The Fall Things.  Wish me luck! And any readers who have similar resolutions, let me know. I need support! :)

Comments

  1. It's quite sad how many fall clothes i possess when i live in south Texas, so i should probably join you on that no-buy... We shall see! Love your new bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, GOOD LUCK! I just got a lot of birthday shopping out of my system, so hoping that tides me over for the next three months. It shouldn't be THAT hard, right?!?

      Delete
  2. Wait is this a subtle way to ask me to quit sending you links to things you should buy? Because I don't know if I can do that... I need to vicariously live through your non-pregnant body!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh mags, I remember the longing for a non-preggo body so well! But you are so adorable pregnant!

      Delete
  3. Okay, this is definitely serious! The rest of the year!! Ahhh!! I admire your restraint (or at least...desire to have restraint!) and hope you will keep us updated on your progress!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Told you! Yes, it is terrifying and I will keep you updated. One consolation is that I did a big J.Crew Factory online order last week with a birthday gift card so I still have that to look forward to! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment