Long-Loan

I have this amazing friend Cynthia, whose line of work with various fashion companies makes her the occasional recipient of trendy, must-have style swag.  And because she has awesome taste herself, she just has super cool stuff.  Cynthia has almost six inches on me in height - but we are the same shoe size!  So we are often swapping clothes, or she is just outright "long-loaning" them to me when she is doing a closet edit.

Such a closet edit event happened about a week ago, and I walked away with Cynthia's Merona pencil skirt and Marchez Vous booties.  Today is a twofer ode to Cyn's amazing fashion pieces.


Shirt: Halogen
Skirt: Merona (yes, it's $14.99 here on eBay!)
Shoes: Sole Society (Jeffrey Campbell similar on sale)
Big Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
Little Bag: Coach (but this Dakotah with fringe is even better)

So, how fitting is it to wear a Target skirt in a Target dressing room.  And then take like this faux sultry selfie.  Anyway, I went to try on some more Altuzarra, such as the dress in the foreground.  Oh, this dress with its lace-fringe collar was just lovely, which I would consider getting minus 5 lbs. later... In any event, the dressing room colors and wide mirror basically begged me to selfie.  (Or so I convinced myself.)


Tank: Maison Scotch (would kill for this 3.1 Phillip Lim one)
Skirt: Tart for Stitch Fix (similar, splurge and budget)
Scarf: Topshop (super similar)
Shoes: Marchez Vous (similar with peeptoe but not as amazing!)

This outfit is totally who-cares and constructed around wanting to be comfortable, and wear these uh-mazing Marchez Vous croc-embossed platform slingback booties.  There is even a suede tie around the ankle.  I will need to wear them again soon because they are just too fabulous for words.  

So, here's the background on Marchez Vous - it is the shoe company of Yeardley Smith, as in, the voice of Bart Simpson.  And the shoes all have the most interesting touch of ladylike Parisian chic accented with badass.  How did they come into my life?  Well, once again, sometimes Cynthia is the recipient of amazing clothing items, and she has an eye where she can curate only the most fabulous things.  I guess Cyn has worn these once or twice (or half a time) and has kindly long-loaned them to my irresponsible care.  They sure as hell do feel like $600 on my feet.

Just kidding, Cyn, I will take good care of them - or keep them forever and long-loan you something else in return.  Or hand you some cash.  Whatever.

Comments

Post a Comment