Going Profesh

Ah, the way we were... a time when we would get together for a quick lunch and snap a couple of photos.  And wear the same color scheme?  The nostalgia is just too great.


Sweater: The Limited / Shirt: The Limited / Pants: The Limited
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini / Locket necklace: gift from the hub

Paloma says...

So I love that Karen and I matched once again today - it's truly remarkable how often we've done that without knowing it.  I guess no amount of breaks from blogging will stop us from having outfit ESP.

What I don't love is that I am wearing The Limited from head to toe.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just kinda boring.  As this outfit is.  But I had court this morning which generally calls for boring.  The cardigan was replaced with a blazer and I looked super profesh.


Shirt: Maison Scotch / Cardigan: Banana Republic / Skirt: S.Y.L.K.
Shoes: Franco Sarto / Bag: Rebecca Minkoff / Glasses: Uniqlo

Karen says...

I have a new appreciation for workwear combinations after my weekend jaunt in New York.  I was just so acutely aware of the difficulty of putting pieces together when nobody would see them under your coat anyway.  And cute little pumps?  Forget it.  Paloma and I definitely felt the brisk breeze walking to our lunchtime meetup, but here's to LA, where you can wear an ensemble like this year round and others actually get to see it.  I mean, If you really love shoes, that whole Carrie Bradshaw thing is a myth.  Beautiful Manolos have no business walking the blocks of SoHo and the Village.  Exquisite Jimmy Choos will never survive the cold weather.  The urbanites laugh at your need to have a heel, at all costs, because real New Yorkers wear flats and boots.  This all happened to me across the last year.

Not to entirely turn my back on New York, I do admit that the ladies there understand the composition of an outfit and look infinitely sleek in their black and layers.  I am just bemoaning the limitation of the elements.

So I inventoried all my pretty little 3- and 4-inchers last night and vowed to give them their due through our no-rain California winter.  Paloma also pointed out that this is the first time my hunter green heels came out as their real color.  Yes to proper photos under a cloudless sky, and yes to more lunches with Paloma!

Comments