Back and At It

Just some ordinary outfits for another ordinary day, and still waiting for inspiration to strike in 2014...



Sweater: J.Crew / Shirt: J.Crew Factory / Skirt: The Limited / Shoes: Jessica Simpson "Calie" / Belt: Target

Paloma says....

So much for starting 2014 off with a bang.  Here I am, once again, behind my door in a pencil skirt and cardigan, taking a selfie.  Yawn.  Although after a whirlwind 36-hour business trip to Dallas, Texas (a.k.a. The Arctic, compared to our 75 degrees here in LA), and a mountain of work greeting me upon my return, it's frankly a miracle I took a picture at all.  So there.

Anyway, today is another example of pulling out the "Tried And Trues" when you have no energy to be creative - in my case, that's gray, black, stripes, pencil skirt, and a bit of leopard. 


Jumpsuit: Topshop / Wrap: MUJI / Shoes: Sole Society Kella / Bag: Rebecca Minkoff

Karen says...

Well, I know this - I can't stop wearing my gold-capped heels.  These photos leave much to be desired, but we haven't figured out what our new 2014 gimmick is yet (and really dragging our heels on it), so for now it's sort of a blog-as-you-go thing.  I had dinner with friends so I dressed for day (left) and then night (right) with a black jumpsuit and the most awesome scarf-cape hybrid from Muji.  There are buttons along two sides for all kinds of cover-up combos.  I would wear it everyday and, in fact, it's perfect for the very slight Polar Vortex we are experiencing.

The only problem with this jumpsuit is that it promptly went on sale for like, um, 50% off, right after I bought it at the store.  Le sigh.  And I would have done something about it if it weren't off at the tailor being altered, and I wasn't so lazy to go back to The Grove.

Comments