Rainy Days and Thursdays

Whoa, where did the rain come from?  Time to bring out the heavy artillery.  Which can mean a cape or some sweats, depending on the occasion.


Sweater: Forever 21 / Jeans: Gap / Shoes: Converse / Earrings: Oxford Trunk

Paloma says...

Working from home today!  But since I had to attend a Thanksgiving luncheon at my daughter's preschool, I actually had to get dressed, too.  It's a rainy gray day which I love.  Perfect day to work from home.  And the perfect day to wear a cozy gray sweater and my comfiest jeans.  Currently not wearing the sneakers pictured here, but have instead traded them in for slippers.  I seriously feel more productive than ever.

Cape: Vintage Spiewak / Camisole: Martin + Osa / Shirt: Heavenly Couture / Skirt: J.Crew
Tights: Hue / Shoes: Michael Kors / Bag: Rebecca Minkoff

Karen says...

I have been wanting and waiting to wear this Beacon's Closet find since my trip to New York in September.  I had never heard of Spiewak, which happens to specialize in security uniforms!  But the joy of vintage shopping on the East coast is finding all these delightful coats and capes that you would never find here, for lack of stock and less variety.  At a fraction of the price, of course.

And, the joy of the rainy day is being able to wear capes, just enough for the 65-degree weather.  Of course, I still see people outside in t-shirts.  Angelenos don't understand weather, so they oftentimes just ignore it.

And of course, giving some face time to my new Rebecca Minkoff M.A.B., which Paloma and I are both huge fans of and which is pretty much the perfect everyday work accessory.  

Comments