Life After Work

Today is Paloma's turn for a suit; tomorrow, it will be Karen's.


Suit: The Limited / Shirt: The Limited / Shoes: Jessica Simpson / Earrings: J.Crew

30 for 30: Day Ten
Paloma says...

Nothing too exciting to see here - I was defending a couple depositions today so had to suit up in my lawyer garb.  Basically just wore my gray suit and black pumps again, but with a different top underneath.  And turquoise oversized studs for a little interest.

This picture was taken when I got home, and about 3 minutes before I changed into the far less glamorous ensemble of gym shorts and a tank top.  Considering how much I love clothes, I always find it funny that the first thing I do when I get home is to change into the most unattractive outfit imaginable.


Dress: Ted Baker / Cardigan: Charlotte Tarantola / Shoes: Michael Kors / Necklace: Williamsburg street vendor

30 for 30: Day Ten
Karen says...

Wheee!  We're into the double digits, and only twenty more outfits to go!  This project amuses me, because it helps me realize how much less I really need to put clothes together, how much I really do have, and how much I should cut the shopping.  Paloma spent many texts last night discussing where is my black dress?  She of the careful eye saw it on my Polyvore and poked me to stop whining and bring it out.  Well, here it is, and I'm happy with the result.

Today was also another appointment with Julio Shampoolio Romano, my stylist savant and the genius behind many a great ombre.  He did my last round so well that the balayage grew out really well, so much that in some way, I miss the look on the left.  But it was just a pop of blonde that I had to tone quite a bit with Clairol Shimmer Lights, and I had quite a roots situation.  Et voila!  The after shows he took it all a lot lighter, which will be fun to rock, plus a very gradual, natural ombre.  I love this man.

(And... I never say that about anybody.)

Comments