Impulse Buys Going the Distance

Happy day!  Subterranean Mediterranean lunch together, coffee and photo after.  Perfect.


Tank: LOFT / Skirt: Velvet / Cardigan: Penguin / Moccasins: Tory Burch / Clutch: Clare Vivier
Sunglasses: Vintage Christian Dior

Karen says...

Irrespective of anything else going on in my life - which, in fairness, is humming along quite nicely right now - seeing Paloma is like an oasis after the desert.  We obviously talk, in some way, every day, if something's getting posted on the blog, but it felt like an eternity since we talked.  And after a lightning fast lunch of kebabs, coffee, and photos, I wish I could talk to her all afternoon!

This outfit is probably more along the lines of what my office intended for Casual August, instead of the prairie boots and bullshit I've been trying to pull off.  Love these driving moccasins - an absolute impulse buy from two years ago hanging out at Tory Burch.  Then came the fantasies of driving a roadster while summering in the Hamptons.  In these shoes.  Not only did that never happen (as it never will), but I barely wore them.

In a commitment to More White Before the Weekend, here they are, and with the clutch they're a sublime white leather duo.  And perfect to walk in to go meet my pal!


Shirt: Anthropologie / Skirt: Kohls / Shoes: Jessica Simpson / Earrings: H&M

Paloma says...

Ah, a proper picture!  Feels so nice after a week of selfies.

I was on solo parent duty this morning, and woke up late, which meant I had approximately 20 seconds to myself, and 7 seconds to choose an outfit.  Thus, I selected yet another Tremendously Boring Outfit.  However, this one has grown on me over the day - I've never worn this skirt with a shirt tucked in and I really like it.  It's a "fit and flare" skirt with pleats at the bottom which is a welcome relief from the 27 varieties of pencil skirt I usually wear.  It's also an oldie but goodie that I snagged off a clearance rack at Kohls while in law school.  Love when impulse purchases go the distance!

Comments