Wah, Wah, Work

Is it true?  The weekend is over?


Tee: GAP / Skirt: LOFT / Necklace: Forever 21

Paloma says...

So this skirt was such a long-awaited purchase, as I've wanted a pleated midi skirt forever. However, it took me a while to bust it out of the closet for fear it was too... bold?  Loud?  Anyway, I was dumbly worried that I wouldn't look lawyerly enough for my still-kinda-new job.  But today I decided, to hell with it,  and put it on with a basic white tee and my trusty nude pumps.  And off to work I went.


Shoes: Target

Unfortunately, I think I've decided midi length skirts are not for me.  I don't know what it is, but the length feels awkward and sort of seems to make my calves look bulky?  Or maybe it's just this particular skirt?  I just kept wishing it were a few inches shorter.  Anyway, I think I might need to wear taller shoes to compensate.  I will keep trying to make it work.  The pictures don't capture it, but it's a lovely coral color that's so summer.  It would be a shame to let it wither away sadly in my closet!


Contour Tank: Banana Republic / Skirt: Banana Republic / Necklace: The Limited
Peep-toe Shoe Boots: Classiques Entier x Nordstrom / Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters

Karen says...

So painful last night confronting the fact that the weekend was over.  Not only did I have Palm Springs to spend it in, but I had a buffer of a day and a half to acclimate back into normal life.  The idea of not being able to wear shorts and racerback tanks cut me to the quick.

But, after getting into a composed outfit and looking the part, I started to feel grateful for the balance a working life gives.  After all, it can't always be romping in rompers and sunning in sundresses.  I soothed myself: work clothes are pretty.  Work clothes are fun.

Comments