Uninspired

No more drapey vests and babydoll tanks, it's back to business.


Tank: Urban Outfitters / Cardigan: J.Crew / Pants: GAP / Shoes: Nine West

Paloma says...

Well, whaddya know?  Another pic of me standing in front of my desk.  Bo-ring.  Anyway, I actually like my outfit today because, well, I'm not wearing a pencil skirt yet again.  I never wear this tank top for some reason and was actually this close to throwing it in the Goodwill pile but, for some reason, decided to give it one last shot.  Think it has been resurrected.


Earrings: J.Crew Factory


Top: Soft Joie / Skirt: J.Crew Super 120s / Shoes: Sole Society (on sale, of course) / Clutch: Vintage

Karen says...

One final top from the Current/Elliott and Joie sample sale from a few weeks back that I hadn't rolled out yet.  It feels exhausting keeping inventory of my clothes, and even more exhausting thinking up cute outfits for the individually cute finds.  We've been discussing the direction of our outfit inspirations - it seems to be fading with the persistent need to wear something different, something better.  In a way, we miss the days of wearing reliable repeats that just worked in their uncomplicated but still cute ways.

Still, I often am grateful for this blog project, objectiveless as it may seem, because it is still a wonderful creative outlet.  Any lawyer, male or female, can attest to the fact that this job inspires an identity.  Wearing suits, for instance, take on new interest because it makes you part of the profession.  For me, by that same token, trying to dress fashionably "for a lawyer" is an amusing challenge, but makes the lawyer part more fun, as well.

That said, this outfit is missing the jacket I wore this morning to court.  Ah, Monday.


Necklace: Heavenly Couture

Comments