Patent Pumps, Two Ways

Paloma is dressed for an in-office day, Karen is dressed to meet and greet clients and attorneys in all parts of town... just another Thursday in patent leather shoes.


Top: Urban Outfitters / Pants: The Limited / Pumps: Target "Pearce" / Necklace: Forever 21

Paloma says...

Boring and comfy is the name of the game when your ass is going to be a chair for 9+ hours.  I took awhile to get on the skinny pants train, particularly when it came to work pants.  (I think I just couldn't get the idea of a traditional dress trouser out of my head.)  Anyway, now I just feel so much more classy and pulled together when I am wearing slim pants!  It doesn't hurt that these pants (The Limited's Exact Stretch line) are stretchy and comfy as hell.  Have I mentioned yet that I love The Limited recently? They literally always have a huge sale going on so you can get things for a steal, and they really have great work wear stuff. 


Cardigan: Charlotte Tarantola / Skirt: Joie / Patent Leather Pumps: Michael Kors / Bracelet: Target

Karen says...

Whaddaday.  Pretty much want to pass out right now.  I started the day meeting a client in Venice, having coffee and croissant with my managing partner, back downtown to meet with co-counsel, back to the office to make another client meeting, then on to Culver City for two witness meetings.  All talking, all different cases, all different types of meetings.  I didn't give much thought to my outfit this morning except, keep it black, keep it nice, keep it comfy.  I would much rather be in the office like Paloma, because I have some major paperwork to get to... but hey, clients need attention, too.

For those Westside seasoned shoppers, this is obviously none other than the dressing room at Madewell Century City.  When the day ended, I was famished (no food) and dispirited (no fun), so I headed for the mall.  I also had something to exchange at Michael Kors, so a little retail therapy was in order.  I wore the "York" peeptoe patent leather pumps right out of the store, and then snapped this while picking up a tee and the floral canvas bag (pictured) at Madewell.  What tickles me most about this photo is how the vertical stripes of the drape is slimming to my legs.  That's a satisfactory end to the longest day ever.

Comments