Casual Statements

Friday and back to our old stomp!  Hard to tell, but this is yet another undiscovered corner of the 7thatFig Target.


Shirt: Old Navy / Cardigan: Martin + Osa (RIP) / Jeans: 7 For All Mankind / Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: Some random Etsy shop

Paloma says...

Nothing like a bright yellow necklace to beef up an ordinary jeans and white shirt ensemble.  These bubble necklaces came around a few years ago, when they were introduced by J.Crew, and I wanted one so badly I could hardly stand it.  Too bad they were upwards of $100 and I just could not justify spending that much on a necklace.  Fast forward to today and you can find a near-exact knockoff of the necklace in every color of the rainbow for under $20.  (Seriously - search "Bubble Necklace" on eBay.)  So, budget-loving me finally bought one in this bright canary yellow.  Unfortunately, now I kind of feel like they are played out.  Le sigh.  That's what happens when you're a cheap bastard and can't hop on a trend until its been knocked off.


Dress: Piko 1988 / Jacket: Heavenly Couture / Shoes: Nine West / Necklace: J.Crew Factory / Tote: Madewell

Karen says...

We were delighted to see that we were both rocking the big necklace today.  It helps having themes, you know.  I wanted to take advantage of casual Friday but once again had an unusual number of meetings, and this outfit is something in between.

Piko 1988 is pretty much my favorite cheap-o brand.  I always find it at my favorite Soho guilty pleasure, Necessary Clothing, so anytime I find it on the racks of my go-to cheap boutiques, I am intrigued.  In this case, I found this striped shirt dress at Rimo, the only store of its kind on Sawtelle stuffed between all those great Asian restaurants.

And of course, the flip side of yesterday's Madewell tote.  I'm such a sucker for totes!

Comments