Worlds Apart



Today, our to do lists, our locations, and our outfits are worlds apart.  As Karen hops on a plane back to NYC for a friend's wedding, she sports a casual and oh-so-hip New York ensemble.  In the meantime, Paloma trudges through work duties here in LA in classic work wear.




Karen says...

The last few days have been a flurry of work, packing, work, and everything in between.  To compound it all, my bridesmaid dress was NOT ready when I went to pick it up last night.  And I'm leaving today!

With the threat of a bad Yelp review, the tailor hustled up and remedied the situation.  But that was another two hours of my life lost going back and forth before my flight, and every hour is needed when billing's due, you're preparing for trial, and you're headed to New York for a wedding.

So here I am, Virgin America terminal at LAX.  And I am doing it - platform sandals + knee socks!  Had to ask a few people if this was twerkable, and all said, sure, why not.  Believe me, it's a departure for me.  No pun intended.

And yes - a poor rando took this - I'm ballsy, I know.

I am wearing...

J.Crew cotton and silk crepe shirt
Marc by Marc Jacobs ribbed black skirt
Topshop platform sandals

Accessories:
Hue knee socks
H&M necklace


Paloma says...



I'm really going for it with these colors today.  Bright yellow and mango - feels like I should be on my way to Miami instead of cooped up in a high-rise drafting a mediation brief. 

I have been wanting one of these J.Crew "bubble" necklaces since they first surfaced a couple years ago.  The real deal is not cheap ($150 or so), but there are so many knock-offs out there, its silly to pay full price (sorry, beloved J.Crew!). I got this one on eBay for $10 and it is identical to J.Crew's version.  Of the myriad of colors, I chose bright yellow.  Now I am kinda wishing that I had gone with a red or purple, but I was trying to go with a color I never wear and don't really have in my closet. 

In other news, I need better lighting in my office - I have two tiny windows instead of one big one (there's a big beam through the middle of the windows in my office... guess its necessary to keep the building standing or something like that), and they face straight into the US Bank building next door...i.e. lots of spying on people in their offices, and not a lot of natural light.  Making me miss the big beautiful West-facing window of my previous office with views of the Hollywood sign and (on an extremely clear day) a sliver of the Pacific Ocean.  Le sigh.

I am wearing...

Old Navy peach blouse
Banana Republic gray seamed pencil skirt
Nine West peep toe nude patent wedges

Accessories:
knock off J.Crew bubble necklace (via eBay)

Comments