Sun-Deprived Selfies


The best laid schemes of mice and men, er, and pretty ladies, often go awry.  We had grand plans to meet up today for a proper picture in this glorious sun, but alas, work... thank goodness we live in an era where selfies are the photographic norm.


Karen says...

Don't let the smile fool you... I'm bummed I couldn't get a proper picture.  I waited patiently for my one last co-worker pal to take the break he'd been talking about for hours.  That break would have involved a quick jaunt to Figat7th (ah, the good ol' days), which would mean a snapshot in the sun.  But Big Cheese is here today, and he was cranking out a report for him, so... anyway, the sunlight coming from my window made sense.  A quick prop of the iPhone on a typewriter table, et voila, you get me, my torso, a favorite jacket, and another glimpse into my office.

But in reality, my outfit is nothing to write home - or write a post - about.  Eh, I'm such a downer today.


I am wearing...

H&M lace-top t-shirt in seafoam
Velvet navy cotton tube skirt
Mike & Chris cropped jacket
Classiques Entier peeptoe shoe boots in nude


Paloma says...

I'm a smorgasbord of neutrals today.  Every single one is represented - gray, navy, black, brown, and nude.  Can't decide whether that many neutrals in one outfit cancels out the whole "neutral" of it and becomes a clashing mess, or if it works just fine.

Either way, I am still cooped up in my office pounding away at a motion (which is a lot harder when the case has been going on over a year and you are trying to learn everything about it as fast as possible), while the heat blazes outside.  Popped outside only long enough to have lunch at McCormick & Schmick's with my secretary, guzzle a coffee, and get back at it.

Here's hoping Karen and I can manage to meet up tomorrow for a photo session because my selfies are getting depressing.  And I'm jealous Karen has the luxury of snagging co-workers to take her pic..

I am wearing...

Old Navy tank in navy
The Limited grey cardigan
GAP black slacks
Nine West nude pumps

Accessories:
J.Crew brown belt ca. forever ago

Comments