Prim and Proper

Donning our Monday best with ladylike skirts, ready to tackle a busy workweek before the Memorial Day holiday.  This is on 5th and Flower, after a whirlwind lunch at Lemonade.  And today, #nofilter.


Karen says...

Anyone who has been to my apartment, and the perpetual clothes bomb explosions littering ottomans and benches, can attest to the variety and volume of my wardrobe.  But it never feels that way, right?  Lately, I have been bemoaning my lack of work tops.  They're just always the same - button-ups, white shirts, black tanks.  There has to be more than this in a lawyer's sartorial life.

So, I'm committing to buying fewer casual clothes and more nice, long-lasting, well-tailored worky things.  This linen peplum top is a weekend purchase and is fairly structured.  The last thing I need is another white top, but going peplum is in the right direction.

I am wearing...

Banana Republic Textured Peplum Top in white
L'Agence assymetrical pencil skirt in red
Sole Society Brooklyn pumps in blurred leopard

Accessories:
H&M necklace
Clare Vivier Foldover Clutch in white pelli
Vintage Christian Dior sunglasses


Paloma says...


Loving this floral blouse today, which was one of those awesome Forever 21 purchases that actually looks more expensive than it is.  A rare find, indeed.  Paired it with this black pencil skirt that is seeing its first wear since pre-pregnancy days.  So glad it fits but kinda hating the double slit in the back (the fabric between the slits gets super wrinkly and looks like an odd piece of fabric stuck to my skirt).

Otherwise, I remain in motion-mode.  It's hard for non-lawyers to understand the absurd detail that goes into writing a motion for summary judgment, but trust me when I say they always take way longer than you expect and they are a bitch.  And yet, weirdly, they are one of my favorite things to do as a lawyer.  I'm twisted.

I am wearing...

Forever 21 floral blouse
LOFT pencil skirt
LOFT beige cardigan
Jones New York peeptoe pumps

Accessories:
Forever 21 necklace
Fred Flare sunglasses
Coach Legacy Candace carryall tote

Comments