Air Conditioned


Record high heat!  A day best spent indoors.  Per usual, we picked similar outfits.  How does this keep happening?


Paloma says...

I have come to the conclusion that a striped shirt is just about my favorite article of clothing.  I have three or four striped shirts and constantly want to buy new ones, but usually talk myself out of it because, well, I already have three or four.  But seriously, I would wear a striped shirt every day if it were acceptable. Not sure what the point in all this is, except to say I love me a striped shirt.

Black and white and red are another favorite combo of mine... so clearly this outfit is just a winner all around.

It's presently 102 degrees outside - misery!  Fortunately, it doesn't really matter because when you sit in an air-conditioned office on the 24th floor of a high-rise all day, the weather doesn't exactly affect you.  However, I would gladly trade this air-conditioned office and go back to yesterday when it was 100 degrees and I was in a jersey dress and bare feet watching my kiddos play in the wading pool.  Ergh,  Mondays.

I am wearing...

Mossimo x Target Dolman 3/4-sleeve cardigan
H&M striped tank
J.Crew Minnie cropped pant
Jones New York black peep toe shoes

Accessories:
Black drop earrings from the clearance rack at Macy's 


Karen says...

Apart from looking diabolical, I like the look here because the black and white stand out against the, uh, green and brown of my law firm.  I actually dragged co-worker Steve away from his class action wage and hour calculation (bugging him with, "Seven.  Eight.  Twenty-four.  Fourteen." while he was huddled over a large spreadsheet, counting, until he gave in) to the main stairwell to snap this photo.  He was such a trooper.

This is another Pinterest rip, without the pink clutch the girl had, which I actually do have.  But why would I hold a hot pink clutch walking through the halls of my firm?  Better still, why would I take a picture of my outfit while walking through my firm?  OK, whatever.

Another attorney commented on my outfit today, "You look like a talent agent."  I was like, "Um, thanks?"  Does the black v-neck scream Simon Cowell?  I think he meant to say this outfit was more West Hollywood professional than downtown lawyer.

Managed to sit through the dry heat while at lunch on the Soleto patio with our new employment attorneys. Today, absolutely, is meant to be spent indoors with air conditioning.  The 100-degree world outside is no place to wear work clothes.

I am wearing...

3.1 Phillip Lim pink camisole
H&M sleeveless drop waist v-neck shirt
GAP ultra skinny black pants
MNG white boucle jacket
Nine West black platform heels

Accessories:
M. Rocks pendant

Comments