New Leaf


It's nice that we have this project together, because it's a common denominator when our days are so dramatically different.  On a day when Paloma was feeling a kind of lightness and liberation, Karen was dealing with some weighty issues - both personal and professional.

But, consistency, thy name is woman - thus the usual Figat7th pic.  This time, in front of everyone's guilty pleasure, Sprinkles.


Paloma says...

Feeling a little bittersweet today, since I am officially switching firms around the end of the month.  It's always nice to get a fresh start, but also sad to say goodbye to your super awesome colleagues whom you have come to love.  In particular, my partner in crime here, Karen.  But not to worry, Nine-Thirty-to-Fivers (all six of you)!  We have pledged our commitment to keeping up our little fashion project here, come hell or high water.  You see, my new office is a mere four blocks away so we should be able to continue our afternoon coffee meet-ups/photo sessions and fill in the blanks as necessary with selfies.  Whew!
 
In other news, I am digging my super long pants today... too bad I only have one pair of shoes tall enough to wear with them.
 
I am wearing...

LOFT olive 3/4 sleeve cardigan
H&M striped tank
GAP Modern flare slacks in dark charcoal
Jessica Simpson taupe peeptoe pumps


Karen says...

There are precious few rays of light in my Monday, and this dress is one of them.  It's my little Easter treat to myself from a visit to Ted Baker yesterday.  The detail is hard to spot in this photo, but it tapers nicely at the waist into a cute bow detail.  I think the dress is wonderfully Audrey Hepburn, with a skater skirt flare.  Of course, it might be a tad too short for the office, but it passed the Catholic schoolgirl "fingertips" test (well past that length!), so I've convinced myself that I'm good.

Another ray of light, of course, is the nice little break with Paloma and our afternoon cupcakes.  I needed these pick-me-ups because I had a perfectly hellacious morning, dealing with difficult personalities, that constantly interrupted via telephone and e-mail other administrative things I really had to get done.  On top of all of that, I found out that a great mentor and friend passed away.  Then, thinking about some weeks from now when I won't be able to run into the office next door to pour out my every little gripe, minute by minute, as I do now... Bring in the violins!  It's a tough Monday, to be sure.  

But it's worth saying - I'm happy for Paloma's good days, like this one, and the many more to come, because as co-worker and friend, she certainly deserves them.  And they are hard-earned.

OK, now check out my cute dress.


I am wearing...

Ted Baker LBD
Marc Jacobs cream cardigan with sequined detail
Sole Society Dahlia in nude

Comments