First Day

... of a new job for Paloma, and of the "real" workweek for Karen.


Karen says...

Sorry I look so tired and miserable here.  The reality is, the quality of the photography has really diminished with Paloma's departure.  I had to get co-worker Steve to do this, and he did so uncomplainingly, but that's about all we can say for this.  Steve, if you happen to read this, which I know you would never do because you're too cool for it, I'm just kidding!
 
He was a good sport and the truth is, I was already totally late for a client meeting.  That's the kinda girl I am - I go advise on overtime calculations for piece-rate automotive service employees in blurred leopard shoes.  Other than that, I begrudgingly returned to the real world after a mini-staycay with my New York guest.  LA is that much more fun when you're trying valiantly to convince a New Yorker of it...

So, still grabbing go-to's in the closet, but will shape up this week!  Tomorrow is yet another MSJ hearing, but maybe I can jazz up the court look a little...
 
To compensate for this oh-so-nothing outfit, here's a gratuitous shot of my bridesmaid dress at next weekend's wedding, taken later in the day at the tailor's.

I am wearing...
 
BCBG silk blend long-sleeved shirt
3.1 Phillip Lim camisole (not visible, and I always wear these two together)
GAP Ultra Skinny black pants
Sole Society Brooklyn pumps in blurred leopard
 
Bari Jay dress in Midnight
 

 
Paloma says...
 
In the hustle-bustle of first day pleasantries, I was totally unable to get a decent selfie.  This one was pathetically snapped in the bathroom as I was headed home for the evening.  It didn't help that my new office has an interior window that is currently without blinds so any self portrait taking would not have been very private. 

Anyhow, I am dressed in my basic professional gear today.  Since it's only my first day and I haven't had a chance to feel out the vibe, dress code-wise, it was best to stick to the classic combo of pencil skirt and sweater in the always flattering pink.  These are my new black pumps, purchased to replace my beloved Nine West "Rocha" ones, and holy hell they are uncomfortable! I think me and patent leather shoes do not mix well.  They are so stiff!! I was nearly crying in pain when I got to my car at the end of the day and kicked these suckers off once and for all.

In other news, my new job is so far, so good. I am actually very happy with the people, the office itself, and everything else. Of course, I have done no substantive work yet so I'm sure I will be disgruntled and over-worked soon.  But for now my biggest complaint is that I miss my buddies at the old firm! :(

I am wearing...

LOFT zipper-back pink sweater
The Limited grey pencil skirt
Jessica Simpson Calie pumps in black patent leather (ow!)
J.Crew pearl necklace

Comments