Point/Counterpoint


We had rather different work days, and although our offices are next to each other, the only time we saw each other was when Paloma had time to run down and snap this shot.


Paloma says...

Grumpy busy day with not enough time to eat lunch or breathe, let alone blog.  But hey, at least I am wearing a cheery floral shirt and bright sweater to counteract my sourpuss attitude!

 
I am wearing...

Forever 21 Floral Georgette top
Mossimo for Target cardigan in red/orange
Banana Republic pencil skirt
Nine West nude patent peeptoe wedges


Karen says...

Ahoy, matey!  Not trying to emulate a pirate, but am winking at an onlooker who saw me awkwardly posing and then invited me to smile.  It's a simple outfit that is actually rather befitting of a lovely day at work.  I had some calls to take, some documents to send around, but I was able to have a lovely lunch at Coco Laurent on Grand, across from Bottega Louie.  That really punctuated the day.  The spring weather has been consistent and I'm currently obsessed with indoor-outdoor spaces.  Coco Laurent (and Goldie's, which I patronized last night) is a very encouraging sign of the dining experiences to come.  Aside from that, my sister paid me a late-afternoon visit here in downtown, so that was a call to Sprinkles.

So, yes, when I later learned that Paloma had even foregone lunch because of her busy day, I felt a bit indulgent.  But, few days are like this for me, and I savor it when I can.

Kept this light frock covered for much of the day with my grey coat.  It's nice out, but a little breezy for my taste.  This is a simple 2007 purchase that will probably last another five years for its simplicity and versatility.



I am wearing...

Calvin Klein navy blue shift
Theory navy blue patent leather belt
Nine West nude peeptoe platform heels

Accessories (not visible):
David Yurman bracelet


Comments

  1. I love both your looks! I'd wear both even though I think I'm a lot taller than both of you (5'10") which poses its own skirt/dress length challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment