Long Lost Sweaters

Here we are on the busy corner of 7th and Figueroa, after a leisurely ladies' lunch at the world famous, Michelin-rated California Pizza Kitchen. 

Don't judge.  Their kung pao spaghetti and Thai crunch salad were great for sharing.

Karen says...

This outfit seemed like a good idea last night, but I guess just photographs terribly.  I was not happy with anything Paloma snapped and she must've come up with 30 photos.  I was so irritated by the outcome that I made her take another shot inside my office, this time without the cinchy belt.

The sweater was something I "had to have" and didn't think twice about buying, despite a not very forgiving price tag.  There are many things I covet at Karen Millen, the kind of store I always go into but from which I never buy anything.  But hopefully that changes; their prints and shoes truly are so gorgeous.

Side note: once upon a time, I was obsessed with Tod's.






I am wearing...

BCBG silk and cotton patchwork v-neck high-low white blouse
Karen Millen grey and navy striped layered and belted sweater
BCBG leggings
Sole Society Sophie boots in black
(got them 50% off, which is more correctly priced given their actual quality)
 
Accessories:
Tod's D Bag Media in Black Pebble Leather
(gift from my sister years ago!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Paloma says...

This cardigan was an impulse purchase off the clearance rack at Target two years ago.  And I have worn it exactly once since I bought it.  Granted, I was pregnant for nine months and took a four-month maternity leave in that two-year period, and therefore had limited access to my normal wardrobe, but still.  It needed to be re-introduced to the world... and today was that day.  As Karen and I discussed today over our very serious (OK, not really) lunch at CPK, blogging your clothes every day means you are constantly rediscovering what you already own, which is pretty cool.  This should also mean a decreased need to shop, but that has yet to occur for me.
 
I am wearing...
 
Merona for Target cardigan
J.Crew tweed pencil skirt
Steve Madden shoes
 
Accessories:
Urban Outfitters skinny brown belt
Starbucks half-caf
 
Camera: iPhone 4S, Camera+, Clarity scene (no effects lately!)

Comments