Deceptively Decorated

A good way to end the week, back to outdoor snapshots and coffee runs.  Today, we're both decorated in deceptively inexpensive jewelry.  Iced at any price!


Paloma says...

Bummed that I'm wearing proper work wear on casual Friday, but when a meeting is scheduled for Friday morning, what's a girl to do?  I love the cheery coral blouse here though, and its actually really nice quality considering it's a cheapie from Old Navy (me, cheap? shocking, I know!).  Anyway, I am also a bit saddened that my ubiquitous Nine West black "Rocha" pumps (Karen has seen me wear them so many times she remembers them by name) seem to be falling apart.  I swear, I plow through a pair of black pumps every six months or so without fail.  Seems that this is true even when I splurge on more expensive ones, so I guess the moral of the story is that either I'm way too hard on my shoes or I just need to budget for a new pair of black pumps a couple times a year.


I am wearing...

Old Navy coral short sleeve blouse
J.Crew Tippi black cardigan
J.Crew Double Serge pencil skirt in charcoal grey wool
Nine West Rocha pumps in black
 
Accessories:
Forever 21 necklace



Karen says...

Hm, balayage going out of control, and I swear I don't have Cee-Lo arms.  This is a slouchy sweater from a few summers ago and looked great, then, over some boyfriend shorts.  It's the kind of Olsenesque sweater you wear when you're fabulously thin and want to look like a glamorous bag lady.  I am not channeling Olsen, fabulously thin, or glamorous bag lady here, but I wanted something black to go with my minty green jewelry.

I'm still obsessed with my Mother skinny flares.  They're skinny skinny skinny until the very end, where they just flare over a high wedge, as is the case with my new Toms for summer.  I wish I could wear these jeans every day.

And this necklace - not a jewelry/accessories person in the least, but I waited months to find a proper Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra knock-off.  I remember seeing a photo of Reese Witherspoon wearing a black one - love at first sight.  A local Brentwood boutique had mine at, you know, 1/300th of the price.  Still expensive for me, as someone who's not that into jewelry.

I still stop in front of a Van Cleef & Arpels window every time, fantasizing about having a real Alhambra necklace.


I am wearing...

Madewell silk tank in grape
M. Fredric dolman sleeve oversized knit sweater
Mother skinny flare jeans
TOMS Canvas Strappy Wedges in Burlap (here in black; snagged burlap early on, go me!)

Accessories:
BCBG mint green bracelet
Faux Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra necklace in teal

Comments