Throwback Thursday

Before Figat7th, and the irrepressible daily call of Target, there was Ralphs on 9th.  The south side, near the recent "South Park" development of all things Staples and Nokia, hardly gets our attention anymore, so today really was a sort of throwback Thursday.

To all of our readers - all three of you - it's because of our constructive conversations that we've decided to do more with the details of our outfits.  Of course, the initial objective was just to get a daily snapshot of our outfits, but it's hard not to get carried away when we're having so much fun.

Karen says...

I don't know why I look like a sullen cow, but I am convinced that I never look quite right before noon.  The upside of this is that Victoria Beckham thinks of herself as a "sullen cow" in photos; only I really could use the oversized pair of sunglasses here that she finds indispensable to hide all sins.

As for my throwback, here are a pair of cherished Manolos from 2007.  I got them at the Barneys Co-Op at South Coast Plaza and they were probably under $300 - again, what a pair of J.Crews would cost today.  Hm, I sound like an old lady.  An old, fashionable lady.  Just kidding.

My Tier 1 shoes are all in boxes in my closet, so they don't get the daily wear as my (many) Sole Societies do.  On the odd night when this single girl is not gallavanting about, I have some "me time" with my favorite clothing articles, and that's how I excavated these Manolos from their pristine box to take a peek at 2013.

I am wearing...

Forever 21 hot pink short-sleeved blouse
Frenchi peach blazer
Just U.S.A. (read: cheap) black jeans from Grey in Silver Lake (my fave)
Manolo Blahnik strappy black pumps

And that bit of green I'm clutching is my usual Clare Vivier iPhone case - since Paloma's got the phone in hand.


Camera: iPhone 4S, Camera+, Flash Scene, Overlay effect

Paloma says...

Classic charcoal and black today, with a bit of leopard for interest.  I used to be very anti-animal print, but lately I can't get enough of leopard accessories.  In fact, leopard shoes are in my very near future and I can't wait! 
 
 
I busted out this Express grandpa cardigan today (and thought to myself that before this blog, I did not realize how much stuff I had from Express - I think when I was, like 22, I thought Express was the best place to buy "workish" clothes - at leastin Eugene, Oregon where I went to college), which was purchased around the time grandpa-style cardigans were a big deal.  (Maybe like 2006?)  Boy, did I wear the crap out of this cardigan in law school.  Glad its still a useful component of my wardrobe, particularly when belted and worn to cover up the unflattering waistline of this skirt.  Come to think of it, every item of clothing I am wearing today was purchased when I was in my late teens or early twenties.  Whoa, talk about Throwback Thursday.  I'm just glad it all still fits.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am wearing....
 
Wet Seal charcoal cardigan
(from high school - keepin' it classy!)
Express grandpa cardigan
A.B. Studio black tulip pleated skirt
Nine West Rocha pumps
Target leopard belt
Coach Candace carryall in cognac leather
 
Camera: iPhone 4S, Camera+, Clarity scene



Comments