Slacks in Black, Flared

Separated with selfies today!  And yet, still like-minded, back to basics in flared blacks lacks.

Karen says...


With Big Cheese today in Century City at a mediation.  Of course, I never got to do a selfy with client and boss in company, so I snapped one when we broke and I got to head home early.  Here is a boring 2008-type outfit in front of a 1979-type building with a 1960-type filter.

I actually live in this 1979-type building.

I am wearing...

Banana Republic sleeveless high-collar cotton top with grey lace overlay (FW12)
Bloomingdale's Cashmere cardigan with floral applique collar in black
Trina Turk flared low-slitted black pants (SS07)
Steve Madden sueded black T-strap Mary Janes with ruffle detail (FW09)
Black cotton infinity scarf from Korean market


The Trina Turk pants are an oldie but goodie; pretty sure it's a 2007 purchase and at that time, Ms. Turk had not yet gone full resort chic and made some nice basics.  Of course, when I wore them to work in 2008, I remember getting feedback like, "Are you going to a club?"  I am fairly convinced that in 2013, anything goes - and if it doesn't, I'm old enough now where I don't care.
 
The blouse was a purchase where I intended to be Christmas shopping for others, but ended up buying stuff for myself.  I was in love with it at the store and now am very ehh about it.  I like the detail close up, but it's rather unspectacular matched with a pair of slacks.


And that's my little owlish doormat.  Welcome!

Camera: iPhone 4S, Camera+, Auto and Clarity scenes, Diana and Overlay effects

Paloma says...

About once every six months, I have a halfway decent hair day.   And, boy, am I happy that I now have a daily blog in which to document said days.   Had a little extra time this morning since I had to take my daughter to a 10:00 a.m. dentist appointment, and decided to just come in to work afterward.  So, I used that time to hairspray and curl my hair to perfection!  I felt like Karen! :) 

Anyway, the outfit is unremarkable, but appropriate for an unremarkable day of desk work.  Definitely dusted off some oldies but goodies today - another Express shirt (!) and some Victoria's Secret pants (random!) that I completely forgot I had.   Actually, I'm kind of glad I found them because they are surprisingly comfy and are a good length for lower-heeled shoes.  





Good outfit for sitting behind a computer all day.   A little sad I am not out and about today to share my hair with the world, so I guess posting it on the internet for our ten readers will have to suffice. 

I am wearing....

Express blue-grey shirt
Victoria's Secret Christie flared black slacks in cotton
Target grey suede wedges

Accessories:
Forever 21 necklace

Camera: Motrola DROID RAZR 2, Camera+, Auto and Clarity scenes, Diana and Redscale effects

Comments