Sitting Pretty

Figat7th proves to be an endless landscape for us, as they continue to add things day to day.  We noticed a long stretch of red wall last week, and today noticed all the "high fashion" type images that have gone up against it.  Here we are standing beneath a seductive bit of fashion shoulder and besides everyone's proverbial favorite, a red door.
 
 
Paloma says...
 
I've got a lot going on, color-wise, today (yellow + turquoise + pink, oh my!).  And my bright red coat isn't even pictured because it would have clashed with the bright red wall.  However, the basic ensemble (slacks and a t-shirt) is pretty unexceptional.  My favorite part of this outfit is the pink stripey scarf (tied to my bag for purposes of this photo), which I bought on my honeymoon in Greece eight years ago.  We were on the island of Santorini and drove our little rented four-wheeler from Fira, where we were staying, to Oia for dinner, and by the time we were ready to drive back, it was freezing so I bought this scarf and a sweater to layer over my white linen sundress for the windy ride home. 
 
 
 
 
I just love when you buy something impulsively and it becomes a treasured item in your wardrobe - especially when it was bought somewhere awesome, like a tiny village on a Greek island.  What I wouldn't do to go back there again.
 
I am wearing....
 
Gap mustard yellow long-sleeved tee
Gap Modern Boot pants in charcoal grey
Nine West 7Cress pumps in natural leather
 
Accessories:
 
Coach Legacy Candace carryall in cognac
Fuschia and lilac striped scarf from Greece
Turquoise pendant from some random jewelry store in New Mexico
 
Not just an ordinary yellow tee, it has trim of buttons visible behind Paloma's short hair...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Karen says...
 
I was ready for dramatic pops of color today, but my grand plans were thwarted by a visit from the Big Cheese, a team lunch, and a client meeting together with said Cheese.  The best I could do was to combine some patterns - in this case, floral with stripes.
 
The Ella Moss jersey knit wrap is interesting - it belts nicely at the waist, which is only visible from the front.  It's a go-to on high-60's days like today, where you need an extra layer in breezy sunshine.  And I'm 100% cotton today, was too lazy to expend silks and wools even for boss and client.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am wearing...
 
H&M tee in black and white floral pattern
Ella Moss jersey knit belted wrap in black and grey stripes
Bebe black cotton/lycra blend tulip skirt
Sole Society Dahlia in nude
 
And from the back, it just looks like a loose-fitting dress.  This has been a work staple for years; I'm pretty sure it's seen me through a few firms.
 
Camera: iPhone 4S, LINE Camera, Toy and Beauty effects
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments