Cafe Chic

Perhaps "chic" is a bit ambitious, but we got the "cafe" part right.  When the mice of our firm need to run down and grab a hunk of cheese, they go to Corner Bakery.  This is often the spot for our afternoon coffee runs.  Here we are under its signature black awning on a less-than-sunny day...

Karen says...

I can call this outfit an assortment of all my favorite new purchases.  Everything but the slacks have been acquired in 2013, even my not-visible Chinese Laundry knee socks from TJ Maxx.  Although it looks like your ordinary striped cardigan, it's another fabulous Maison Scotch find that is trimmed in glittery knit and has awesome leather stars on the elbows.

I am wearing...

Maison Scotch button-down chambray shirt with dotted embroidery
Maison Scotch navy and cream striped front pocket cardigan
Theory black slacks
Franco Sarto Learn boots in cherry antique

Camera: iPhone 4S, Camera+, Clarity Scene and Miniaturized Scene
I could wear this blue shirt every day, and today I tried it without buttoning it all the way up.  The difference is not very discernible in today's photo.  I had greater hopes for my outfits this week, but it seems I'm still not fully recovered from Sunday's struggle with food poisoning and do not yet have all my wits about me.

It did not, however, stop me from eating a very fattening lunch today of the fried chicken sandwich at Soleto, another building fave.

Paloma definitely has the cafe chic down - very Funny Face.




Paloma says...

Playing major catch-up today, so too busy to come up with any clever blog-worthy commentary.  I will say that I am channeling Audrey Hepburn with these capri pants and the all-black.  Would have sported flats to really capture the 1950's, but decided sky-high heels were more in line with my "get shit done" feeling.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am wearing....
 
Target black blouse
Target black tank top (under the blouse)
J.Crew Minnie pants in stretch twill
Nine West 7Cress pumps in natural leather
 
 
Accessories:
handmade Native American earrings from my lovely home state of New Mexico
 
Camera: iPhone 4S, Camera+, Clarity Scene; LINE Camera, Beauty Effect

Comments