Two Things, Two Ways

First thing, two ways: the at-work attorney.  One out of the office, holed up in a deposition, then ducking behind a warehouse to sneak in a couple of photos for an online project.  One in the office, holed up behind a closed door writing a brief, mindful to attempt a couple of selfies.  Mission accomplished.
 
Second thing, two ways: leopard print.  Perfect pumps for Karen and the ideal skinny belt for Paloma.  Quelle horreur were it to be doubled up in the same outfit, mais oui, c'est chouette as the right accent with our reds and burgundies.
 
Karen says...

What a faux pas, doing red and black two work days in a row, but sitting in a depo all day, I just wanted to be comfortable. I plucked out two things that, in my book, might as well have been stretchy sweats. And how much do I love the IncrediBooth app! All kinds of photography possibilities, like what I achieved propping my iPhone against my front left tire, then running away. Fact!
 
 
I'm wearing...
 
Banana Republic red silk sweater with 3/4 length sleeves (FW12), Bebe black fitted pencil skirt (like I said, I wear it once a week), Club Monaco black A-line coat (FW08), Sole Society Chandra closed toe pump in leopard color
 
Accessories: none, yet again, except for that self-made necklace (feel like a failure)
 
The coat makes me feel ever so Givenchy that, pardonnez-moi, I lapse into little French phrases.
 
Camera: iPhone 4S, IncrediBooth app, Incredible Cowboy booth, Alfie K filter
 
 
Paloma says...

Today I may have wasted a perfectly cute outfit on a perfectly ordinary day.   I was all dolled up with my leopard belt, curled hair, and my fierce shoes... but alas, not only was I locked in my office all day with the door closed, pounding out the Brief That Will Not End, but partner-in-crime Karen was out of the office "at a deposition."  This meant - GASP! - no one to celebrate a cute outfit with ("OMG, I love that belt!  You look so cute!  You are really working those shoes today!" etc., the usual daily exchange with work girlfriends).  In fact, our whole "team" (the only people I really talk to at work) was out.  The few who were able to enjoy my ensemble were my secretary, and whoever I ran into on periodic trips to the restroom/microwave/printer.  Sorry, outfit.  You may never be repeated, but we had a great run these 10.5 hours or so. 

I'm wearing...

Martin + Osa burgundy cardigan (FW09) (RIP M+O, best workwear store ever), Old Navy
white lace trimmed tank, The Limited "Exact Stretch" grey pants (FW12), Target skinny belt in leopard (you didn't think I could actually go a single day without tar-zhay, did you?), Nine West 7Cress in natural, via 6pm.com

Camera: Samsung Galaxy 2, Vintique app, watercolors effect

Looks like a week ahead of satellite co-working, with odd appointments here and there.  Pretty amazing, the things you can achieve with a smartphone...

And in other news, a new RHOBH tonight, yes!
 

Comments