Hello from Targetville!

Paying homage today to Target, the situs of shopping extraordinaire.  Our nearby City Target is part of this revitalized FIGat7th effort.  As it's not yet fully open, with its food court being slowly rebuilt, it's a safe place to take goofy photos of your carefully curated outfits.

Karen says...

There are some indiscernible details, but well worth hiding behind what Paloma dubbed a "statement coat."  I love it but rarely roll it out because it never gets that cold in LA; the last time I really wore it could have been years ago in Chicago.  The coat was a 2007 purchase and I remember specifically being inspired by a gorgeous white coat Kate Middleton was rocking then.  Hers, I think, was Dolce e Gabbana.  This one is not.

Other unseen things here that make the outfit less bland: the black and white dress has a cutout in the back, which I've covered with a cropped sweater to make work-appropriate; the skirt has a mock peplum effect, obscured by the coat; and I am, for a change, wearing a long strand of pearls, double-looped.  Other than that... 

I am wearing...

Kimchi Blue sleeveless white and black peplum dress (FW12), fuschia bolero sweater from my beloved Clover in Silver Lake, Sole Society Dahlia in nude, Sisley coat (FW06)

Accessories: long strand of pearls from the amazing Principessa in Venice; my usual black pearl pendant necklace made at Bead Boutique in West Hollywood

Paloma says...

My favorite way to look fresh (i.e., pulled together) is to incorporate color in the outfit, however possible.  This is particularly helpful when you are running on basically no sleep and need some pizzazz to counterbalance the ashen shade of your face and dark circles under your eyes.  Oh, and massive sunglasses don't hurt either.

I'm wearing...

GAP yellow long-sleeved shirt (impulse purchase off the sale rack that has become a closet staple; it has adorable button detailing in the back); Banana Republic seamed pencil skirt in grey herringbone; BDG suede heels in "red" (here's a lower-heel version); Enzo Angiolini coat (actually belongs to a friend, I'm about a year and a half late in returning it, but in my defense she did move to Mexico so I doubt she needs it)         
     
Accessories: Forever 21 rhinestone studs (OK, so just about all of my jewelry is F21... I ain't ashamed!), Fred Flare "Carrie" sunglasses   

Starbucks doubling today as afternoon pick-me-up + prop!  Here's to multi-tasking. 

Paloma Pic: iPhone 4S, Camera+ App, Auto Scene, Sunkiss'd Effect 
Karen Pic: Camera: iPhone 4S, Camera+ App, Flash Scene, HDR Effect

Comments